Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Last Of The Old And The Start Of The New

Lyn pulled the last of the carrots today, and they were the last veggi's from the fall/winter garden. They are sooooo good, much better than store bought. We must have already pulled up ten times this many all ready. They are just so easy to grow.







While it is the end of one, it is the beginning of the new. The potatoes are all ready up and looking to produce a bumper crop for us.





As with every year we have had these raised beds, there has been a Blue Bonnet come up in this bed. Not several, just one, not any other bed, just this one. I collect the seeds every year so I won't have any in the beds. I guess I miss one every year.



I think this is going to be a great gardening year. Let's hope so.

1 comment:

katina said...

I still have some carrots in the ground. I really ought to pull them up. Doesn't the warm weather make them bitter or something? I wish I had been able to plant potatoes this year. But then, that's what next year is for.